Are you taking advantage of the newest timesaving report in Membee?
The Batch Membership Management report was created to automate the process of your day-to-day membership management. Simply create a favorite report with your standard settings and use the favorite to save you time, even on a single record. Using a favorite copy of this report also ensures consistency for these processes and makes sure that you don’t miss a key step
For example, you can use this report to:
Canceling a member record properly can require a whole series of steps. Because the Batch report automates the process of canceling a member it can be used to make sure steps in the process are not forgotten and eliminates the need to go into each record one at a time. Running the report can:
- Change the member’s status on the record and enter a Drop Reason based on the age of a membership invoice
- Remove access to the Member Service Center by deactivating usernames for employees
- Disable future membership billing
- Set directory listings to inactive
- Write off unpaid membership invoices
- Create an Action Summary Note in ToDos to note all actions taken by the report
- Send an email to the member to advise them of cancellation
- Create a follow up ToDo for one of your staff members
Because the report ensures consistency you don’t end up with orphan directory listings, people still having online access when they shouldn’t, or forgotten file notes. If you set the report to create an “Action Summary” you always have a written record right in the member’s record of all actions taken by the report.
Using the membership management “best practice” of marking members who are late in their renewal as “suspended” and targeting them with communication you can encourage them to renew. When these members subsequently renew their membership you can use the report to:
- Change from a suspended member status to an active member status.
- Activate usernames and passwords
- Enable Membership billing
- Reactivate directory listings or create new base listings
- Creates a file note in Notes and ToDos
- Can create a future ToDo for a particular Rep
- Can send an email to the member thanking them for renewing their membership
The renewal report indicates the changes to be made to the record once you process the report.
Remind Your Members About Outstanding Invoices
You can use the Cancel Members version of the report to simply remind members of their outstanding invoices by choosing those members who are 61-90 days past due for example and then selecting only the Send Email function of the report. The report lets you save a copy of the email to the member’s record in the Notes area if you wish.
Write Off “Voluntary” Dues Items
The report can be used to write off voluntary “optional” billing items on your membership invoices in a batch for those members who have chosen not to pay the additional item.
If you have found other helpful uses for this report send us a note. We would love to share the information with the rest of the busy bees in the Hive! Just send an email along to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out more about how to use this report Click Here (Remember to have your username and password ready so that you can access the article.)