Attending a user's group meeting gives Membee users an advantage, value, a voice, and connections. We were pleased to once again have the privilege of attending the semi-annual Ontario Membee User Group. The meeting was graciously hosted by the Guelph Chamber of Commerce and was held at the Delta Hotel in Guelph, Ontario on October 27-28, 2011.
What do you have to gain by attending a User Group Meeting?
Advantage – Attendees get a first-hand, exclusive look at new features
- the New Profile Widget Control to make configuring the Online Profile page a breeze.
- the redesigned look of the New Profile Page that makes the Profile easier for your members to update.
- Social Login to your members an option to use their Facebook, Google, Yahoo, LinkedIn or Twitter logins or to choose their own password.
- the redesigned Person Entry and Organization Entry Forms to speed up entry of new member records.
- Authorization Programs and Roles will allow you to set roles for Groups and Committees so that they can be used on your website to restrict access to certain web pages. Think - A Board of Director’s page that only the Board can see.
- New Member Onboarding which will allow brand new members to sign up and pay online from your website.
Kathy presented a session on setting up the New Profile Widget which will be released in the next few weeks. The attendees are already a step ahead because they have seen the new widget in action and will be ready to go once it is added to the software.
Anita walked interested users through a session on setting up the Events Feed and creating an Events Feed Facebook App. The events feed automatically lists and promotes select events on your web pages and Facebook page. For how to information see: Promote Your Events Using Membee's Event Feed on Your Website and Facebook Page. (Remember to have your Membee password ready.)
Attendees at the meeting have an opportunity to provide direct input into the future of Membee by participating in highly interactive user feedback sessions. Users help Membee identify and rank the best future enhancements. An example is the new Person and Organization Entry forms unveiled at the meeting which were a direct result of feedback from from a previous meeting.
Connections– Veterans users share experience & NewBees share fresh perspectives
Attendees are asked to come prepared to share their successes and ideas.
One person’s association was interested in trying E-billing and an experienced user was able to share their success. She said, “Since we implemented e-billing and Beanstream, outstanding Accounts Receivable have gone way down." Thanks for sharing, Nancy!
Next Time -
If you are from the Ontario region and couldn't attend this meeting mark you calendar for next year. The next meeting is tentatively scheduled for April 26-27, 2012. To make sure your name is added to the list please contact Wendy Brousseau at the Guelph Chamber of Commerce. This group also continues the connection year round by staying in touch using a Facebook page.