How do you get your members to update their own profile online? You make it easy for them, that’s how! Membee uses Social Network Login to make signing in as painless as possible and presents Profile information to your members in a format that is easy to understand and update.
What are the benefits for your Members?
Who are your members? They are the people who have an email account. They pay their bills or look at their bank balance online. They shop on E-bay and get updated flight information on Expedia. They are the 48% of 18-34 year olds who check their Facebook page as soon as they wake up or the 30% of Facebook users who are older than 35.1 They are people who are familiar with online tools and want to have control over their information. In other words, they are all of us in the modern world. We are all plugged in to the Internet and technology in countless ways every day.
The Profile is designed to serve your audience and provides many benefits. It is:
- Self serve - No waiting for a response from your staff if they want to see what their membership status is or what address you have on file for them.
- Convenient - The online Profile is available 24 x 7 x 365 and members can use it when it is convenient for them.
- Transparent – The ability to see and ensure that their information contained in your data is correct and up-to-date.
- Quick and easy – Your members just type in changes and it is done. No more filling out forms or mailing in paper documents.
What the Member Sees
The overview page shows them the information you have on file for them and their employer at a glance. What they can see or change:
- Basic Membership Information like their name, their employer, their business category, and the user defined parameter and custom fields that you have set up in your data.
- Login – The member can maintain their own login right from the profile.
- Contact Information - Members can add or change addresses, telephone numbers, social media links, or email addresses.
- Directory Listings– Members can update information in their own Directory listings. They can maintain their own Special Offers in the directory or update their online description information, images, or contacts
Make Updates Easy
What can you do to make it easy for your members to use the Profile?
- Make sure that you ask for updates on only the most important fields. Present your members with a small set of select fields in the Profile, rather asking them to review and update every field in the database, and they will be more likely to comply. A concise Profile will encourage your members to update their information online regularly and reliably .
- Shape the online Profile to be relevant to your members by customizing section titles and section descriptions with terms familiar to your members.
- Provide help information for each field if you like, that informs the member. Tell them why completion of a field is important for them or enter instructions that will help them complete the field.
If you are still using the older version of the Membee Profile, you will want to switch. Changes to the look and user interface of the profile make it much easier for your members to find and change their information. The Setting Up and Maintaining the Member Online Profile article tells you how to do it. (Remember, you will need your username and password.)
1 Hepburn, Aden. "Facebook Statistics, Stats & Facts for 2011." Digital Buzz Blog. 18 Jan. 2011. Web. 17 Feb 2012. < http://www.digitalbuzzblog.com/facebook-statistics-stats-facts-2011/>