It’s Here! – Integrated Email in Membee
This information was originally shared with all Membee users earlier today via email. We wanted to share the news with our entire audience here as well. Most links in this post require an active Membee username and password for access. We’re pleased to announce that Membee’s much anticipated new Integrated Email feature is now available in BETA release (see …
This information was originally shared with all Membee users earlier today via email. We wanted to share the news with our entire audience here as well. Most links in this post require an active Membee username and password for access.
We’re pleased to announce that Membee’s much anticipated new Integrated Email feature is now available in BETA release (see below). The feature allows you to:
- Send email messages to individual people directly from the Membee interface. Sent messages can be automatically stored (including attachments) in the recipient’s record in Notes & To-Dos.
- Send broadcast email messages to groups, committees, and event attendees and personalize each message with basic merge variables. Optionally, you can also add a record of each message sent to the Notes & To-Dos section for each recipient of your broadcast message. You can even remove certain individual recipients from a particular email and add others who are not part of the group, committee, or event.
- Send messages to filtered segments of your membership using Membee’s flexible reporting system. You can use this feature to send emails to all members, all prospects, certain levels or types of members, and much, much more.
- Automatically set up optional follow-up To-Dos for each recipient that are stored and tracked in Membee’s Notes & To-Dos area. You can even assign follow up tasks to your colleagues. Note – if you choose to set up a follow up to-do for a broadcast message, an individual to-do will be set up for every recipient (this cannot be undone).
Scroll down to see a full list of features and some important information to review before you get started using Integrated Email.
Frequently Asked Questions
For your convenience, we have compiled a list of frequently asked questions about the new Integrated Email feature below.
Integrated Email is currently in BETA release – what does this mean?
Integrated Email is available in BETA release for the time being. Although we have tested this feature extensively internally, we recommend that all users complete their own tests before proceeding with full scale use. We are unable to test all possible emailing scenarios, SMTP server configurations and email settings.
If you would like to use the Integrated Email function while it is in BETA release, please start by sending test messages to a small group of people, ideally your colleagues or trusted connections. If you encounter an issue, please report it to Membee support as soon as possible. We will update the release status of Integrated Email in early July after receiving and processing feedback from users.
What do I need to know before I get started?
Before you get started using Integrated Email please review the following items first:
- BETA release: Note that this feature is in BETA release, please prepare and send test email messages to small groups before using this feature for large broadcasts. Report any issues encountered to Membee support.
- Each user must complete set-up: Each user will need to set up the email feature in Membee’s Admin menu – Under Email > Integrated Email Set-up and follow the instructions found on the Membee support website. You can confirm that you’ve successfully set up the feature by clicking “Send Test Email”. If you get a “Success” message from Membee, Integrated Email is working!
- Know your sending limit (if you have one): Since Membee uses your email server to send email messages, you will need to check with your network administrator, ISP or email provider (whoever manages your email service) and find out if your account is subject to a sending limit or sending rate limit. If you have a limit, you will need to know what that limit is before you start using Integrated Email. Learn more about sending limits »
- Ensure that your SMTP (outgoing) mail server is accessible via the Internet: Membee sends email through your existing email servers. As a result, your SMTP email server must be accessible from outside your office via the Internet and must allow connections from external sources. Sometimes these types of connections have been restricted or disabled. Your system/network administrator can assist you in determining if this is an issue for your office. If your administrator is unable to change this setting, please send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org or create a support ticket to learn about other options.
If your organization is subject to a sending limit that is too low to make effective use of the new Integrated Email function, there are other options available. Send us a note at email@example.com or create a support ticket to find out more.
How do I get started?
To get started, visit our help document that contains the full set-up instructions for Integrated Email.
Where can I find Integrated Email?
Once you’ve completed the set-up process, you can access this feature by:
- Clicking on any email address in Membee
- Clicking Email links below lists of participants on the Committees, Groups and Events screens.
- Clicking the new email icon in the “Job Queue Search” after running most reports in Membee.
What are the major features?
- Send email using your organization’s regular email server – from your own email address.
- Email individual people simply by clicking on any email address in Membee.
- Email the participants of any committee, group, or event.
- Remove individual recipients from messages sent to participants of committees, groups and events.
- Email segmented groups of members and prospects using Membee’s reporting function.
- Add additional recipients by email address.
- Add CC and BCC recipients to any message.
- Personalize each message with basic merge variables.
- Add basic formatting to your messages using Membee’s message editor.
- Add one or more attachments to your messages.
- Preview your message before sending.
- Create an email signature and include your logo and other promotional messages and links.
- Store the contents of the message sent to each recipient (including any attachments) in the Notes & To-Dos section of the recipient’s record in Membee.
- Set a Contact Type for your notes to allow for easy reporting and filtering of notes.
- Create follow up To-Dos for each recipient and assign them to yourself or one of your colleagues.
- Receive a confirmation email each time your message was successfully sent to your email server by Membee.
- Receive all bounce back messages and responses to your email messages in your regular inbox – paste them into Notes in Membee as desired.
Happy emailing folks! Please contact customer service by creating a support ticket if you have any questions.
The Membee Team