New Feature–Batch Membership Management Report
Have you ever need to complete the same series of steps for a batch of members and wished that the system could automate that for you? Our new Batch Membership Report may be just the ticket! For example, you have invoiced a group of members for a voluntary “optional” billing item on a membership invoice …
Have you ever need to complete the same series of steps for a batch of members and wished that the system could automate that for you? Our new Batch Membership Report may be just the ticket!
For example, you have invoiced a group of members for a voluntary “optional” billing item on a membership invoice but a group of members has chosen not to pay the additional item. You are faced with a large number of write-offs to bring the balance of the invoices to “0”.
Or another example would be the membership management “best practice” of marking members who are late in their renewal as “suspended” and targeting them with communication to encourage them to renew. While this is a membership best practice, currently the administrator has to set a “Suspended (Member)” status manually which is very time-consuming.
The report automates the steps by providing three important capabilities:
- Change a member’s status and other settings based on the age of a membership invoice.
- If the member’s status has been changed to a specific status indicating that the member was still a member but in a suspended state (a “Suspended (Member)” Status) globally return this group of members to a non-suspended member status and make other changes at the same time.
- Communicate quickly and easily with members both prior to their invoice being due and afterwards based on the aging of the membership invoice.
The report automates the processes involved in:
- Cancelling/Suspending Members
- Changes the record to Non-Member Status and asks for a Drop Reason
- Removes access to the member service center and deactivates their username and password
- Disables future membership billing
- Sets directory listings to inactive
- Writes off unpaid membership invoices
- Creates an Action Summary Note in ToDos to note all actions taken by the report
- Send an email to the member if you choose
- If you choose creates a ToDo for one of the reps
- Renewing Members (to reverse cancellation)
- Reminding Members
- Can create a note in File Notes and To Dos
- Can create a ToDo for a particular rep
- Can send a system email
Watch the Release Notes for an announcement when this new feature has been added to the software.