Membee Works Well With Others
Membee is a highly flexible and easy to use membership management tool that can handle all of your day-to-day tasks. Sometimes though, you may want to use some of your data in another application. Did you know that Membee reports can all be exported as comma-separated values (CSV) files so that your data can be …
Membee is a highly flexible and easy to use membership management tool that can handle all of your day-to-day tasks. Sometimes though, you may want to use some of your data in another application. Did you know that Membee reports can all be exported as comma-separated values (CSV) files so that your data can be used in other programs like Word and Excel? The information you export using Membee’s suite of reports can be used in any program that accepts CSV as a standard input.
What is a CSV File?
A comma-separated value, or CSV file, is a file used to present data in a plain text format that can be read by a text editor. The CSV file format is a widely supported file format that is often used to move data between different computer programs.
How Would I Use a CSV File?
- Use the CSV file to send lists of contacts to your bulk email software
- Update your accounting software
- Create Word merge documents like mailing labels or name badges for an event – Microsoft Support – Word Mail Merge How To Articles
- Open the CSV file in Excel so that you can analyze your data using pivot tables or create graphs
- Use the CSV file as the source for data that updates an Excel template – Use CSV files with Excel Templates. For example, you might have month end reporting requirements where information has to be presented in a specific format but you want the statistics to update automatically. Templates are a great way to save time and make sure your presentation is consistent.
NOTE: Excel opens the CSV files created by Membee but, depending upon your system’s regional settings, you may get differing results when it is imported. Export to Excel is Missing Numbers or Special Characters .
How Do I Create A CSV in Membee?
Once you run the report you want to export, simply click on the CSV Icon in the Job Queue Search. Membee processes your request and you can open or save the file by double clicking on the icon once the status is complete.
You can also choose which columns to export in the CSV. Select Fields to Export in a CSV File (Remember to have your username and login handy when clicking on any of the Membee help links in this article.)
Have great ideas for ways to use this feature? Let us know and we’ll happily share the information!