NEW!!!–Automatically Tweet and List Member Special Offers on Your Site
So many of our clients use our Events Feed Widget that we thought we would try to expand upon that idea. We have just added a new Directory Special Offer feed widget. A Special Offer feed is simply an automated listing of the special offers from your online member directory. You can create an HTML …
So many of our clients use our Events Feed Widget that we thought we would try to expand upon that idea. We have just added a new Directory Special Offer feed widget. A Special Offer feed is simply an automated listing of the special offers from your online member directory. You can create an HTML version of the feed that you can place on any page in your website or use an RSS formatted version to harness the power of social media.
- Drive traffic to your online directory and increase views and clicks on your member’s listings by posting a feed on other pages in your site.
- Use Special Offer feeds to engage your website visitors in a tangible and meaningful way. Keep them on your site longer.
- Generate more value for your members who take the time to sign in to their Profile to post offers on their directory listings by exposing their offers to more site visitors.
- Provide referral stats for each click through to listings from the Special Offer feed.
- Creating more engaged site visitors and members means a more dynamic organization for you.
Tweet Automatically Using Twitter Tools
Create an RSS version of the feed and use social network tools such as hootsuite to automatically tweet Special Offers.
See how to set this up:
Feeds on Webpages
Create as many different feeds as you like. You might want to create a feed to highlight a certain category of offer like all the special offers for restaurants in your directory or special offers at hotels to post on a tourism page on your site.
Set Up the Special Offer Feed
Setting up a special offer feed is really very simple. Just go into the Admin area of Membee and click on the Special Offer Feed in the Directories section. You need to make and save a few simple choices and then simply copy the script created by the feed widget and paste it into your webpage “HTML” or “code view” and style it however you wish. Click here to see the Directory Special Offer how-to information. Remember that you need your username and password to access the article.
Watch for upcoming articles about other types of feeds.