Start Accepting Online Payments In Minutes
Membee announced today support for the most popular online payment processor, PayPal’s Website Payment Standard gateway. Setting up the Standard PayPal account can be done in a matter of minutes. This is In addition to PayFlow Link, which has always been a supported Payment Gateway in Membee. We expect to add the Standard PayPal account …
Membee announced today support for the most popular online payment processor, PayPal’s Website Payment Standard gateway. Setting up the Standard PayPal account can be done in a matter of minutes.
This is In addition to PayFlow Link, which has always been a supported Payment Gateway in Membee. We expect to add the Standard PayPal account to the list of supported payment gateways with our next software update. Watch our Release Notes for the announcement!
You will need a Business or Premier account and that enables you to become a merchant for whom PayPal collects money from buyers for goods or services. PayPal manages these transactions and charges you a small fee and a percentage of the amount collected from the buyer for each transaction.
The advantages of the PayPal Website Payment Standard account are that it is:
- Creating an account is a complete snap and can be done in just a few moments. Other kinds of payment gateway accounts can take a few months to put in place.
- No Credit Application is required and you don’t need to submit Tax Forms.
- There is no approval process to secure an account.
- Costs are comparable to the other accepted payment gateways.
- No Monthly Fees – there are no monthly fees just a per transaction cost.
- No Sign Up or Setup Fees.
- Discounted rates for Eligible Nonprofits.
Easy to Set Up
- You just generate some API signature information in your account and enter the results for User, Password and Signature into the Membee > Admin > Payment Gateways fields.
- No separate Merchant Account is required.
Easy For Your Members to Use
- Just like other payment gateways the Website Payment Standard account is integrated with the Membee modules.
- Members can choose to pay by credit card or they can even use their PayPal account if they have one.
Easy for Your Staff to Use
- Payments made for E-bills or Event Registration or New Member Sign Up are automatically entered into Membee.
- Authorized staff have access to easy-to-read reports and downloadable logs. They can also search for particular transactions.
- Payments are immediately sent to your PayPal account and can easily be transferred to your bank account (Transfers usually take 5-7 business days to clear.) or you can spend the money through PayPal.
- PayPal is a secure payment gateway that adheres to international PCI and CISP standards for data protection.
- Services includes Automatic Fraud Screening, Seller Protection Policies, and PCI &CISP Compliance.
For More Information:
For more information or to set up an account go to PayPal’s website:
In the US – https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/compare-business-products
In Canada – https://merchant.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=merchant/wp_standard&nav=2.1.0
In Membee see the following article for how to steps and watch the release notes for the announcement that PayPal Standard has been added to the list of accepted gateways:
- Release Notes – http://membee.zendesk.com/forums/217757-release-notes
- Payment Gateway Article – http://membee.zendesk.com/entries/20247813-setting-up-your-payment-gateway
Remember you will need your Membee username and password to view the Help articles.
Is the next software update with support for standard PayPal accounts days, weeks, or months away?