Powerful Year End Reports to Recap 2014 & Plan 2015
Just seemed like yesterday it was the end of 2013 and 2014 was just beginning. For many Membee clients, the end of the year marks the end of the business year as well. We would like to remind everyone that it is a great idea to run a series of reports for the year end …
Just seemed like yesterday it was the end of 2013 and 2014 was just beginning. For many Membee clients, the end of the year marks the end of the business year as well. We would like to remind everyone that it is a great idea to run a series of reports for the year end to give you a quick snapshot of the membership and financial activities for 2014.
By the way, if the year end for your organization is at a different point in the calendar year, the best practice would be to run these reports when your fiscal year concludes.
Gain Insight & Preserve 2014 History
[click image to enlarge]
- Parameters Report
- This is report is a great tool to give you a quick number of the number of records are associated with which statuses you have inside of Membee.
- You can also get a list of GL accounts set up in Membee by running this report on GL Accounts.
- Billing Information Report
- This will give you a summary of all of the information on the Billing Templates for your member records.
- This is a handy forecasting tool for the upcoming year to predict membership billing for use in your internal budgets
- Dues Invoice List
- You can use this report to give you a list of all the invoices generated during the year.
- The detailed list of invoices is often required by your internal auditors
- Total By Item Report
- A quick and easy way to get summary totals for various transactions such as: Credit Memos, Invoices, Payments, Receivables, Write Offs or Transaction Activity
- While detailed reports are available listing all transactions for any transaction type, Credit Memos as an example, this report is handy because it gives you all the totals for the year in one place
- Transaction Activity Report
- This report provides a list of financial transactions within a date range.
- Often the auditors will ask for this type of report where the detail for all transactions processed within the year are listed chronologically or by member.
- New Dollar /Retained Dollar Reports
- If you have set the membership billing items to track the New Dollar / Retained Dollar values this is a good time of year to run the reports.
- Total new member dollars and total retained (renewing members) dollars for the year are really important when gauging how well your organization has done in the past year
- Participation / Non-Participation Report
- Run the Participation / Non-Participation Report to see which of your members have been active over the last year or, perhaps more importantly, who hasn’t.
- You can use them to analyze where your revenue is coming from and answer questions like “Are new members attending and supporting my events?” by using the report’s Join Date filters. Powerful stuff!
- For more details, check out this Latest Buzz post – Big Event – Know Who is Not Coming
- Checked for Missed Invoices Report
- Run the Check for Missed Invoices Report to check to make sure that invoices haven’t been missed.
Maintain Data Consistency
This is also a great time to review your records and ensure the data consistency of your records. Reports that can be used to help you with this include:
[click image to enlarge]
- Data Exceptions Report
- Membee can identify import important holes in your data such as missing member email addresses, members with missing billing set up, and/or missing billing contacts for member organizations.
- Listing Exceptions Report
- The Listing Exceptions report can help you evaluate listings in a directory to find missing important information like blank phone number fields or members with no listing at all.
- This can be used for data clean up too because it will give you a snapshot of the items in your list. Run it on Categories to make sure you don’t have duplicate categories in your records or on Cities to make sure that there is no duplication there. For example one of your staff may have entered St. John’s as St-Johns or Saint John’s. You probably only want the city name entered in a particular way. Seeing the list lets you easily identify those data inconsistencies.
All of these reports can be run at anytime and is a great way to have a quick overview of the year. Of course, you can find the detailed steps of how to run any of these reports by clicking here to view our Help From the Hive. Remember to have your Membee Login handy. Happy Reporting!