Set It & Forget It! Automated Membership Cancellation
Got 4 minutes? Checkout this video to see how Membee makes it easy to automatically and professionally cancel delinquent members while maintaining good karma. After all, cancelled members are future members, they just don’t know it yet! Create a Lasting Positive Impression Within the membership life cycle, all good things must come to …
Got 4 minutes? Checkout this video to see how Membee makes it easy to automatically and professionally cancel delinquent members while maintaining good karma. After all, cancelled members are future members, they just don’t know it yet!
Create a Lasting Positive Impression
Within the membership life cycle, all good things must come to an end. There will come a time where you need to run the cancel or suspend members process often because the member has unpaid dues, or has decided not to renew their membership for whatever reason. You can use Membee’s Cancel/Suspend Membership Automation to end the relationship on a professional and positive note.
The Cancel/Suspend Membership Automation will deliver a carefully crafted cancellation email template that should include:
- Why you are cancelling/suspending the membership
- Making it clear that they will be missed
- A friendly reminder of what great benefits they will miss
- Providing them information on how to re-join at a later date
Here’s a sample:
[click image to enlarge]
By providing great service at the end of the membership , you will leave a positive impression on the member. This will leave the membership door open where you can welcome them with open arms when they choose to return.
Membee Can Save You Time & Cleanup Everything Else
Beyond delivering the best-ever “Dear John” email, this automation can take care of the remainder of the cancelling/suspending membership process for you. This helps save you time as you won’t need to go and make a series of updates to a bunch of records or remember to run a report. Membee will simply complete the process for you by:
- Sending a template-driven email to the member notifying them of cancellation/suspension while letting them know about the great member benefits that will be lost (see above)
- Disabling all future membership billing
- Changing the member’s Status to a “non-member” status
- Instantly deactivate member login access to features such as “members only” content, event pricing, secured member directories, or the former member’s profile
- Deactivating the member’s online Directory listing(s)
- Writing off outstanding invoices and setting the write-off reason so you can analyze your write-offs
- Removing members from Committees and Groups
- Setting the membership Drop Reason so you can analyze you dropped members
- Writing a detailed “note-to-file” into Notes & To Dos on the member’s record that summarizes all the changes Membee made automatically for you
It’s Easy To Set Up
The setup of the Cancel/Suspend Membership Automation is quick and easy! You just need to tell Membee a few things:
- When you would like the automation to start running
- The number of days an invoice is past due that the members’ will be cancelled for
- The changes you would like to make to all the cancelling members which includes (see above)
- The email template with the message you would like to send
This helps ensure nothing is missed as part of the cancel/suspension process and also helps maintain data consistency.
As part of the message you are sending to these cancelling members, remember to customize the message that is sent out. Remind them of the value that membership entails, what they are missing out on, and perhaps most importantly, that you will miss them!
To get this automation setup in your copy of Membee, click here for information on how to get started. Remember to have your Membee log in information handy.