Sell One Item & Automatically Offer A Discounted Second Item
Engage your members and non-members in an innovative way! By using Membee’s conditional promotions (think promo codes), you can increase sales and revenues when you offer additional purchases at a discounted price. Better yet, accomplish this without lifting a finger by having Membee offer this second item automatically.
Have you ever thought about building a promotion that captures the attention of your members or non-members in a way that would encourage additional purchases? What’s the value of return for your event and memberships? When you’re building a promotion, it’s important to keep in mind what makes a successful promotion:
“A successful promotion acquires revenue that to date has been unachievable”
Membee’s powerful promo codes feature is the right tool to build a promotion where the sale of an item can boost the sale of another item, called a conditional promotion! All thanks to the purchase of the first item, the second item can be purchased at a discounted price which ultimately increases the sale of the second item!
The Benefits of Using Conditional Promotions
There are various reasons that might be applicable. The following are the most common benefits of creating conditional promotions:
- Increase member participation and engagement
- Incentivize non-members to become members
- Increase sales and revenue
- Automatically generates a personalized invitation containing a promo code
How Does It Work?
Let’s look at an example of how the promotion is used to generate an increase in participation and potential revenue.
1. The Setup
The Hive Association wants to create a promotion to do the following:
- Target non-members to get them more involved to see how valuable the Hive Association is
- Register for the upcoming leadership conference and receive two promotions:
- Free annual membership
- 10% discount for networking events
- Publicly promote that “non-members who register for the upcoming leadership conference will receive a free annual membership and 10% for networking events”
2. The Sale Of The First Item Is Completed
When Janet Bee, a non-member, notices an online advertisement from Hive Association, she registers for the upcoming leadership conference, no different from any other registrant.
3. Purchaser Receives Offers In Email
When Janet completes the non-member leadership registration, Membee will automatically generate an email with the special offer where she can immediately take advantage of the offers.
4. Purchaser Utilizes Promotion For Additional Purchases
After receiving the additional offers, Janet decides to take advantage of the free membership and apply the personalized promotional code ‘a62e3ade’ to the applicable membership as you can see below.
When her sign up is complete, Membee will automatically set up a membership billing for her, assuming she will renew in the future. From now until she renews, this is the prime time for The Hive Association to show her how valuable the membership is.
I Want To Create a Conditional Promotion
Conditional promotions are naturally more complex than direct promotions – if you want to see the difference, click here to learn the difference! It takes a little more planning than just the setup.
Here are some questions to start:
- What am I trying to achieve? (Increase revenue, increase participation, non-member to member conversion?)
- What are the most popular and attractive membership benefits that I can promote?
- What item is required to be purchased first?
- What is the discount we want to offer?
- Is this a limited offer?
- How do we want to market this promotion?
When you have a plan, see how you can create a conditional promotion in Membee by viewing our help guide here (Membee login required).
Questions? Want to Share Your Story?
To learn more about Membee’s promotional codes feature, jump to our guide by clicking here (Membee login required).
If you have any questions regarding Membee or if you would like to share your story with Membee for a chance to be featured in a blog, please contact Membee support staff at firstname.lastname@example.org