Easily Edit Membership Billing & Let Membee Complete The Workflow For You
Most of the year, membership details remain consistent – but we all know that things change, whether it’s a membership upgrade or setting up automated membership renewals to a stored card, Membee makes it easy for you to edit your memberships!
It may not happen often, but when it comes to editing a member’s billing details, a few simple clicks in Membee gets you what you need. Membee completes the process and workflow for you so that any additional tasks such as writing off old invoices, creating new invoices, transferring payments or applying credits, etc, are handled automatically after you edit the membership.
Let’s say that a member, Alex Jones & Associates, has paid for his Bronze membership renewal of $60 on January 1, 2020. In the middle of his current membership period, he has decided to upgrade to the Silver membership of $100. All you need to do is change his current membership item from Bronze to Silver, and Membee will do the rest.
View The Current & Next Membership At a Glance
When you visit Alex’s record, Membee makes it easy for you to know the details of the current and next membership period at a glance. The membership dues overview displays as follows:
As you can see above, Alex’s current membership was a Bronze Membership for the period of Jan 1, 2020 – Dec 31, 2020. You can also see other details in the current and next membership period such as:
- If the membership period is paid or unpaid
- Beginning and end dates for the membership period
- What the member was billed for
- The membership period length and billing frequency
- The billing method for the membership
- The payment details including the date and reference number
Editing a Membership In a Few Clicks
There are 5 different membership settings that you can edit and Membee handles the rest of the changes:
- Membership Billing Items: these items are what the member would be billed (eg. Bronze Membership)
- Starts On: when the membership period begins
- Membership Period: how long the membership period is (eg. annual, quarterly, monthly, etc)
- Billing Frequency: how often the membership is billed (eg. once, twice, every three months, every month)
- Membership Billing Method: how the bill is delivered to the member (eg. online bill, charged automatically to a stored card)
In Alex’s example, to change the billing item from a Bronze Membership to Silver Membership, that’s a total of 7 clicks!
Membee Automatically Completes The Billing For You
As you continue to make changes to the billing period for Alex, there may be follow-up tasks to complete. Well, Membee handles it for you so you don’t need to.
When you save the changes, Membee will automatically:
- Generate a new invoice for Alex to replace the existing invoice if the period has been billed
- Transfer Alex’s existing payments or discounts if the period has been billed
- Update Alex’s next membership period so that he is billed for a silver membership
Don’t Stop There – Promote Your Member Benefits
After editing the membership details, Membee provides the opportunity for you to complete the billing process and send the outstanding invoice to the member.
Best of all, Membee allows you to promote your member benefits by ensuring that the member, Alex, has activated his login to take advantage of his member-only benefits.
Because Alex hasn’t set up his login, Membee will give you the opportunity to activate Alex by sending him the activation email so that he can start using member-only benefits such as members-only pricing, access to your members-only content, and more.
Questions? Want to Share Your Story?
Below are direct links to our help guide for instructions to edit a membership:
Set Up Membership Billing For a Member (login required)
Update Membership Billing For a Member (login required)
Reinstate Membership Billing For a Cancelled Member (login required)
If you have any questions or if you would like to share your story with us for a chance to be featured in a blog, please contact Membee support staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.