Capture Custom Text, Numbers, or Dates From Your Members Online
Need additional information in the form of custom text, numbers, or dates inputted by the member or non-member? Using Membee’s custom fields, you can capture the information on a signup form or in the online member profile, and the information is stored on the record!
In common cases, you may need custom information from your members or non-members that requires them to enter text, numbers, or dates and you can do it right from your website! A great example of this is a certificate number. Membee’s custom fields help you collect this information at ease!
What are Custom Fields?
Custom fields allow you to capture information that can be stored on a record. Once you name the field, the rest is up to the members or non-members to complete.
You can capture this information by manually entering it into a record or allowing members to fill out the information at their own convenience.
Two Types of Custom Fields
Because Membee provides the rare capability to track both organizations (companies, families, or clubs) and people as equal members, there are two types of custom fields that you can utilize:
- Common Custom Field: the custom field can track information for either organizations (companies, families, or clubs) or individuals. For example, a certification number
- Person Custom Field: the custom field is only available and specific to people records. For example, a graduation date
Setup Your Custom Fields
In the custom fields window, you can manage all your custom fields. You can:
- Add 45 different common fields
- Add 45 different person fields
- Reorder how the parameters display by default with simple drag and drop capabilities
- Set a custom field to capture four different types: Unlimited Text, Short Text, Numbers, or Dates
Below is a preview of how to add a new custom field, change the field type, and how to reorder the custom fields.
Add Custom Values to a Record in 3 Steps
As simple as 3 steps, you can set the text, number, or date, manually on a record. Here’s a preview of just how simple this is:
Members Can Update The Custom Field
There are two areas where the custom field can be displayed – you can control which custom fields are visible in these areas:
- On your sign up form where new members can enter the custom value for each field
- On the online profile where existing members can update the field
For custom fields that are designed for your team’s eyes and not for members, as long as you don’t add them to the signup form or online profile, nobody will know that they’re there!
Below is an example of the custom fields added to a signup form:
Looking To Set Up a List of Pre-Determined Values to Choose From?
Use Membee’s parameters feature that allows you to set up a list of pre-determined values and your members or non-members can select the values that best match.
Questions? Want to Share Your Story?
For more detailed instructions, visit the links below (Membee login required):
If you would like to share your story with Membee or have further questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!